Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio for Captivate Video after Media Encoder

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I am having trouble with videos that I am implementing into Adobe Captivate.

I have done some filming on a hand-held HD camera and have uploaded those videos onto my laptop. I have been using Adobe Media Encoder to convert these videos into a format that can be used in Adobe Captivate. The problem I now have is that when I upload the video onto Captivate, the video runs fine but I don't get any audio. This is fine for the videos that I don't want to have audio for but for other videos I need the audio and it is not working and I am not sure how to correct this or even where to go to change the audio settings. My feeling is that the problem occurs when the video is being converted to a Captivate compatible format but I am not sure.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue?

I appreciate it. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say Captivate compatible format, which format are you talking about? I would recommend encoding the video to H.264 MP4 video, not just because it is a format that Captivate recognizes, but because this format is  recognized by HTML5. You should be able drop an H.264 video onto your browser and it should start playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used the H.264 MP4 format. I get the videos to upload and play but the audio does not work anymore after the conversion of the original video file. All my video was uploaded from my camera to my laptop in an AVCHD format. I then used media encoder to convert video into several different formats (.f4v, .mp4, .flv etc.). The videos would then upload an play fine, but I lost the audio somewhere in that process

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources