• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Keyframes to Sliders in Essential Graphics

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making an Essential Graphics template in AE. Because scale is not a function that EG supports, I created a slider for the scale values that I wanted, and added that to my EG window. All of that works well, but I want to be able to adjust keyframe spacing in Premiere when I export this in. The best that I can figure is that the keyframes that I set up on my slider don't transfer over into Pr. What's the best way to make the slider keyframes that I made in AE show up in Pr?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zach kast,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Kevin Monahan

I have problem about EG Keyframe, when i create EG in AE and i want animation keyframe in Premiere, Pls help

I send to u sample EG that I make,Animation Keyframe.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin and all

I can solve the adding keyframe part, but not the animating bit. I have set up another post to try and solve this!

Expand the track height until you see the rubber band on the video. You can then click on the little yellow fx button on the clip. It will then give you the options to choose the Essential Graphics parameter of your choice.

You can set the values and keyframe it, but it doesn't seem to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue pretty much.

All I have is the Y-position value linked to a slider. There is no stop watch in the effects control panel so have to add key frames on the rubber band on the clip in the timeline.

No matter what values I put in there is no animation between keyframes.

Sliding the slider back and forth shows that the parameter is doing what I intend it to do but there is no way to animate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EGP sliders are not keyframe-able. it was designed as a way to change parameters, not animate them... BUT, if you had an code in Ae that takes an animation into account by using the sliders - that's something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that seems like an oversight to me. The code is clearly there, you can see the values changing and the animation happening on a still frame, why not be able to animate that from one frame to another?

This could be a really useful tool for certain things but without being able to animate from one value to the next I don't see how its any better than a linked comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree completely. And just to add that this has not been fixed in the CC 2018 version. It doesn't seem to figure on the agenda, but I'd rather not have the keyframe option than have it there and it not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could ask for it: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Utterly useless to be able to import a slider for a range selector but not be able to keyframe it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem, and was able to hack together this workaround. Maybe it will be helpful? Re: Creating .mogrt with adjustable keyframes for Premiere

I agree it would be very nice to be able to import a slider with keyframes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post a link to this feature request: Add the ability to keyframe an imported After Effects MOGRT 

Vote it upward!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe this link is broken. But i manage to get the right one.

Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines