This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Welcome to the forum.
Are we talking about webhelp here? Do the popups work work OK in other browsers (IE7 and Firefox)? Are you viewing the webhelp locally and have you applied the Mark of the Web when you generate?
I am getting the same problem, links are working in IE7 but not working in IE6
Welcome to the forum Srilakshmi
Same problem = same answer! You haven't answered any of the questions asked. Also is yours an upgrade to RH7?
I am adding more detail to the issue reported by PAM530.
Are we talking about webhelp here? YES we are generating webhelp.
Do the popups work work OK in other browsers (IE7 and Firefox)? Yes the "popups" work OK in IE7 and also in IE6 when not accessed via the Oracle Application Server. These are new pages in the same window. There are no problems when viewing webhelp locally on the PC or within RoboHelp7. We don't use Firefox.
Are you viewing the webhelp locally and have you applied the Mark of the Web when you generate? The pages are fine when viewed locally. We did not use Mark of the Web.
Below is detailed background on problem observed when viewing RoboHelp HTML pages on a PC running XP and IE6. The HTML files were accessed from an Oracle Application 10g Server.
1. Converted a RoboHelp version 5 project to Robohelp version 7.02.001.
2. Generated WebHelp
a. Note: Some .png files were not included in the output HTML
3. Deployed the WebHelp files to Oracle Application Server 10g Release 2 (10.1.2) Web Portal
4. Tested help from PCs accessing the web portal using IE6/XP; IE7/XP; IE7/Vista
5. The pages loaded correctly in IE7/XP and IE7/Vista.
6. Page loading problems were observed in IE6/XP.
7. Most of the pages called from the TOC page loaded correctly in the same browser window.
8. Some pages which were called from a TOC page did not load initially in the same browser window. The
URL did not change to the called page and a blank page was displayed.
9. Navigation back to the TOC successfully re-displayed the TOC page
10. Subsequent attempts to navigate to the called page were not successful
11. Once on the blank page (with the TOC URL displayed), a refresh would load the called page and the
called page URL was displayed.
I hope you are working with PAM530 and not someone else on the same trip!
"also in IE6 when not accessed via the Oracle Application Server"
Does that mean you have tried other servers or just that it is OK locally? The fact that this has not been a common problem is making me suspect the server. Circumstantial evidence I agree.
Yes PAM530 and I are working on the same problem.
I meant to say that the pages can be accessed and navigated sucessfully in IE6 locally. There are no blank pages requiring a refresh as there when going through the Oracle AS application.
I am no developer but does that not suggest the problem is the server? I haven't seen other reports although you might want to search on "Oracle". Might it also be worth looking on the Oracle forums?
Thank you. I will investigate the issue with Oracle. It appears to be a problem on the Oracle Application Server side. If we turn off single signon, the pages all load initially with no problems.