• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no longer able to import MOV files?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 6.12, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Probably after the recent update, I started to get "Preview unavailable for this file" and "There is a problem with the video file” for all MOV files in SD cards and can not import them.  Those MOV files are fine and viewable in other software.  Only Lightroom refuses them AFAIK.

Lightroom was able to preview and import those files before, so it seems that the latest Lightroom has some issue.  Is there any solution or workaround for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Hello Akash,

I am using the latest cloud based Lightroom Classic CC.  I was downloading a .MOV file direct from SD card.  In import i could see the thumbnail in the grid screen but when i double clicked to view no preview would be produced.  I believe it said Preview No Available.  Then after clicking the import it said the .MOV files were not imported as they were not recognized.

I have since rebooted my iMac and tried the process again.  This time I did not have any issues.  Just one of this une

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emilystewart,

Please restore Lightroom preferences using the Method 2 mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom preferences and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash,

I tried your suggestion above but did not find this file.  Any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christianb,

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Which type of video file in Lightroom are you importing? Did you get any specific error message?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Akash,

I am using the latest cloud based Lightroom Classic CC.  I was downloading a .MOV file direct from SD card.  In import i could see the thumbnail in the grid screen but when i double clicked to view no preview would be produced.  I believe it said Preview No Available.  Then after clicking the import it said the .MOV files were not imported as they were not recognized.

I have since rebooted my iMac and tried the process again.  This time I did not have any issues.  Just one of this unexplainable frustrating things that took up an hour of my time trying to research the issue.

I do appreciate you responding to my query.

Christian

"BE THE REASON SOMEONE SMILES TODAY"

Christian Boone

<Personal info edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines