2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2017 10:43 AM by TVZZZ

how to change the size of a text box

TVZZZ

This seems really dumb, but I can't figure out how to change the size of a text (title) box. When I create one, it is quite small. Clicking on the edges of it does not enable me to drag the boundaries out, as I would expect. I must be missing something basic...

• 1. Re: how to change the size of a text box
          williebegoode Adobe Community Professional

First, let me say that working with text in PRE can be tricky; so your question is not clueless at all.

1. Drag a text object to the desired Video TimeLine of your choice.

2. Type some text in the text box

3. To re-size the text with the pointer tool, make sure that the Adjustment Fix box is selected.

Method 1:

4. Click on the side or corner of the box with the text and drag it in (smaller) or out (larger.)

Method 2:

5. Change the value of the Size in the Size windows.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

• 2. Re: how to change the size of a text box
            TVZZZ Level 1

Thank you for that response, Willie. Unfortunately, I'm still confused. First, are we talking about the same program? I am running Adobe Premiere Elements 15. You referred to "PRE", so I'm not sure.

Also, I'm not sure what the "Adjustment Fix box" is. I do see those words on my screen, however I cannot click and drag the sides of my text box, or move it; and I don't see a way to change the value of the size.

Thnx again...

Screenshot 2017-07-26 13.29.21.png