• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with text as alpha channel since Premiere Pro upgrade

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having gotten accustomed to the new way of doing titles through graphics sequence on Premiere, I've struggled with exporting the titles as an alpha channel. As a PNG sequence it shuttles on and off and as a quicktime file it either doesn't render the titles as alpha or simply drops the RGB content leaving things looking like the text jumped through a wall like Wiley Coyote. The graphics sequence itself won't bridge to AE.

I'm really up against it now on a deadline, has anyone any ideas of whether this is a bug or manual error? I've never had issues with an alpha channel doing this before but I'm wary I may need to flick a switch I haven't after the update.

Failing any fix can anyone think of a quick alternative, Adobe wise, of bridging the current titles I've worked in Premiere into another programme to gain them even as a straight PNG with alpha channel transparency?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused.  Can you explain the end goal and purpose here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, I simply want to write a file containing the text used in a Premiere Pro project against a transparent background. I've tried a bunch of different ways but none have worked. I have had no problem ever doing this before the update, using the old system of creating titles via create>New>Title and simply muting any other channels below it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the wrench in the lower right corner of the Program Monitor and in the drop down menu make sure Transparency Grid is toggled on. If you turn off the visibility of all tracks below the title, you should see the title over transparent background:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 11.07.17 AM.png

If you want to create a video clip of the titles, then export the sequence to a codec that supports transparency such as ProRes 4444.

Or you can export individual .pngs with transparency by parking the playhead on the title you wish to export the typing Shift + E to export it. Make sure you have selected the PNG format to support transparency:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 11.09.03 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try these two solutions Meg, though the problem was I could get transparency, but no titles showing up on the transparency. When they did show up they were in a png with no RGB and a png sequence which had glitching transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Craig - Meg The Dog's second option should work. I've noticed when I've exported frames as PNGs, I do not need to turn on the transparency. As long as there are no color mattes or rectangles underneath the title in your timeline, you will get the title as a transparent PNG. Best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

And what is the purpose of this?  How do you intend to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In particular, as motion tracked titles behind a rotobrushed sequence on After Effects. I I'm juggling work and don't really want to re-do work already done again on AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do think creating the titles in AE would be easiest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines