4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2008 8:27 AM by mnkytrk

is director right for this project

mnkytrk
      hello there

i am working on a 3 stage AV presentation for a client and want to know if director would pull it all together for me.

stage 1; a looping video
      stage 2; a 3 min film played once
      stage 3, a looping holding screen

i will make all three pieces seperately but want to know if director would enable me to put them together in a single format, using a single key press to move onto the next stage for example

any thoughts??

thanks

• 1. Re: is director right for this project
          Level 7
          That could very easily be done in Director. Just be careful what format
          you use for the videos. The best movie-playing xtra for various formats
          is MpegAdvance. It can play most movie formats that the machine has
          codecs for and does not require any additional software.

If your target audience is Windows only, then you can get away with the
          free built in wmv media type.

The free built in quicktime player is also quite useful, since it plays
          many formats, but it requires that quicktime be installed on the target
          machine.

If you want to play flash video (flv) then you need to design a swf
          wrapper for it. There are various tutorials on the web about how to do
          that.
          • 2. Re: is director right for this project
            mnkytrk Level 1
            excellent. thanks mike

as i will be producing the films as well, i can decide what format to output them as. one will definately be mostly created in after effects, but could easily be plonked back into premiere for output.

i was thinking of using quicktime .mov's as they seem a better overall quality than .WMV's in my experience so far, and i can get access to the target laptop before the presentation night to install any required players.

does this sound about right??

thanks again

Phil
            • 3. Re: is director right for this project
              Level 7
              As long as it is not a problem to be sure that quicktime is installed on
              the target laptop, then using quicktime formatted movies will be perfect.
              • 4. Re: is director right for this project
                mnkytrk Level 1
                brilliant. thanks for your help, its really appreciated

P