2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2017 8:14 AM by WALTERHUBER

After latest W10 (pro) Update my LR crashes

WALTERHUBER Level 1

My assumption is that the problem I have to Report is linked to the last W10 update, because my LR did function well and nicely before the update.

I can start the LR, comes up, no problem. As soon as I want to Import new fotos the program seems to go into a prolonged thinking period and then the system message comes up in German that there is a problem with the program and the program needs to be shut down. That repeats even after re-starts and even me running the program with admin rights.

Also, the AdobProgram Manager - that is the part that is looking for updates is showing the I am busy sign for ever. it must be killed with the Task Manager.

I have downloaded the Version 6.12 manually and started locally, same problem.

As I am in very critical work phase (my daughter is marrying within weeks) I absolutely need my LR, else by by Daddy.

so I bought a new computer with W7Pro, installed my software and upgraded to 6.12. So I am surviving but I would like it back into my W10 environment.

Who has an (better) idea than simply reversing the W10 update ? Can we find out which component is stalling ?

Thanks, Walter, Zurich, Switzerland

Forgot to mention: I have re-installed under W10 a couple of times, changed the Folders, tried (I think) everything ...

• 1. Re: After latest W10 (pro) Update my LR crashes
          dj_paige Level 9

WALTERHUBER  wrote

My assumption is that the problem I have to Report is linked to the last W10 update, because my LR did function well and nicely before the update.

I can start the LR, comes up, no problem. As soon as I want to Import new fotos the program seems to go into a prolonged thinking period and then the system message comes up in German that there is a problem with the program and the program needs to be shut down.

... tried (I think) everything ...

I suggest you search the forums for an answer. I know this particular error message is discussed often in the forums, but since I have never had this problem I don't know what the solution is.

• 2. Re: After latest W10 (pro) Update my LR crashes
            WALTERHUBER Level 1

Problem solved, part of my Windows Profile was buggy. We had to delete all references on LR in my user and in the registry, now it is OK again. 

1 person found this helpful