• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippet Management

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aquiring a large number of snippets for my project and I need to manage them. RH7 places the last created snippet at the top of the list in the snippet pod. I know I can move it up and down by right clicking on the snippet. However, it only moves one spot at a time and as this project grows, it will become tedious if not impossible to continue to group snippets in this manner.

Is there a way to alphabetize the list as a default? If there is, using proper naming conventions will always keep the list grouped.

Even dragging and dropping within the list is better then the right-click: move option

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Unless someone has found a way.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

One thought that occurs here is that the "behind the scenes" file named rhsnippet.apj is simply being presented in the order the entries are encountered in the file. So one might be able to close the project, arrange the file as desired, then re-open the project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I submitted a wish request.

I looked at rhsnippet.apj and it is an xml file. I did not see an easy way to sort the files within the file. But it brought up another question:

I have sorted the snippets - one at a time - in robohelp. I can close it and reopen and the snippets stay sorted. This is a good thing. However, when I looked at rhsnippet.apj, the files were displayed in the original format - newest on top. This means there is another file somewhere that is remembering how I sorted them. This file might be the key file. Any idea what file it would be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just searched using a tool that searches most file types and reports what it hasn't searched. I ran that across the project and got no clues. The file type it did not support, I looked in manually. That was the CPD. Playing with that did not change things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry Peter. I might be because it is Monday, but I don't really understand your answer in relation to this question. Could you rephrase it for me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am saying is that I used a special search tool that looks for words inside many different file types. I named the snippets with words not elsewhere in the help and I included the same words in the snippets.

By that means I got a list of all the files containing those words. I expected the list to include the rhvariable.apj file, the snippet files and the topic using those snippets. What this method often reveals is other files that contain those words so that you learn where else RH stores information. Those words do not appear in any other file.

The program will not search the CPD file in the project so I searched that by other means. At the moment therefore there seems to be no way of manipulating the list as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2008 Jul 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. That makes sense now. I hope RH corrects this quickly. Not being able to sort snippets is a BIG issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alphabetizing snippets within the rhsnippet.apj (an xml file) should behave the same as the .glo file, no? How are the entries in the glossary file alphabetized (or otherwise sorted)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Snippets work different than the glossary. Rick found out that RoboHelp stores the snippets in the registry. See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/514229

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp