• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to retake only incorrect quiz questions

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a quiz in Adobe Captivate 10 and I require a 100% score to pass. On the quiz results screen I want to create an option for the user to only retake incorrect questions (as opposed to retaking the whole quiz). How do I accomplish this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is impossible with the default quiz slides. Retake always means that all answers are reset and score is reset to 0. The only way to achieve what you want is to create custom question slides, using scored objects, advanced actions and variables. Even if you are used to advanced/shared actions it means a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it is not an option with the default slides. I would like to try using custom slides, scored objects, and advanced actions and variables. I really need this functionality for my quiz. Can you help explain it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found your blog on how to do this in Captivate 6, but am wondering if I have to change anything because we are now in Captivate 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which blog post are you referring to? It is practically impossible to give you explanations about how to create custom slides, and give them the functionality that you want. If you see how many pages and posts I have dedicated to custom questions, you would understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected that one, but it is not what you want! This was only to limit the review to incorrect questions. You want to have the RETAKE only for incorrect quesitons, which would be much more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. I see that this is not something that can be readily taught via blog post. Are you aware of any courses I could take that would teach me more about what I need to know to program only retaking incorrect questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you would read all my blog posts about questions, you could figure it out. It cannot be taught in a user forum, that is a bridge too far.

Real courses about advanced actions are rare, most keep to the most simple examples (same with all the books about Captivate). I have started twice writing a book about them (have already lot of pages) but I doubt any one is ready to buy a book, most CP-users want everything for free. So I abandoned that project.

Problem with advanced training is that it has to be build on the existing skills levels. I only accept training if a preliminary test of those levels is accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources