• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[HELP!] Shot on a White Cyc but it looks Gray?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some footage that was shot on a white cyc, but the background looks gray. When I try to CC it to get the BG anything near white, the subjects get blown out. Have tried masking and rotobrushing the subjects, but I am getting a wavey effect on playback because the mask isn't perfect no matter how hard I try.

Is there a plug in for this? Is there another way to isolate the white/grey in the back? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Pushing the gray to white without effecting skin tones is tough. The best option is some kind of procedural matte combined with some careful manipulation of curves or levels. Show is a screenshot and we can give you a better idea.

This is why you need an experienced DP on set that knows how light and to read a scope or at least a histogram. Lighting against a white cyclorama requires quite a bit of skill and two separate pools of light. It's nearly impossible with just a couple of instruments unl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your footage nobody can advise specifically.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pushing the gray to white without effecting skin tones is tough. The best option is some kind of procedural matte combined with some careful manipulation of curves or levels. Show is a screenshot and we can give you a better idea.

This is why you need an experienced DP on set that knows how light and to read a scope or at least a histogram. Lighting against a white cyclorama requires quite a bit of skill and two separate pools of light. It's nearly impossible with just a couple of instruments unless they are really big soft sources that you can feather off the subject and on to the walls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines