This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
There are many reasons why this could happen.
Use the Profiler in Flex Builder 3 Professional to know what component / class causes the problem in your code.
Hi Karl -
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't see the issue when running in the IDE and via Profiler. The problem is not present for everyone, and we typically don't see it on our dev systems. Are there a few common reasons this can happen so we can investigate those first?
- A method can be called too often.
- A method can execute too much code (one that does not execute in the frame, but takes several frames to complete)
- There are too many instances of a given class / component.
- A timer fires off too often.
- Some objects are not garbage collected.
- Use deferred instantiation.
- Use callLater().
- Big methods with heavy processing should calculate the time they need to execute. If they need too much time, they should do some work then resume processing in the next frame.
- Reduce the number of instances of a given class.
- Use garbage collection best practices.
That would be helpful to install Flex Builder 3 Professional on one of the machines where the problem occurs and run the Profiler.