5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 11:37 AM by AaronJayJordan

Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?

AaronJayJordan

Hi,

I cut up a video that was recorded in 1080p(30fps) in Premiere Pro and opened that file into After Effects to add final tweaks and effects, though when I try to export it through Adobe Media Encoder (H.264), one segment of the video has bad frame rate. The frame rate drops when a simple effect comes on screen, a simple shape tool and a title text. Then shortly after the effect has run, the frame rate returns to normal. There is one other very similar same style effect later on in the video and this doesn't have that problem.

I have tried rendering in various presets within H.264. It doesn't have the problem inside the after effects preview, with the FPS showing 30.04 (realtime), just upon export and in one place. I have tried playing the video on another laptop and the problem persists.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?
          AaronJayJordan Level 1

Update:

I just rendered it without the effects and just the affected part and found there to be no change.

Any idea on what could be causing this?

Cheers

• 2. Re: Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you understand and have a thorough knowledge of video formats and compression? If the problem is not a frame rate mis match then either an effect applied to the composition is the problem. Without details it's impossible to tell what is going on. Also, video can be 29.97 fps, or 30 fps. Do you know exactly what your footage and what your composition frame rate is?

The other problem could be your cache. You should purge the cache before rendering.

• 3. Re: Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?
              AaronJayJordan Level 1

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have enough knowledge on the subject I feel. I have rendered other videos with no problems. The source frame rate is 30 fps, but I tried to render in 30 and 29.97. The rest of the 3 minute video is using the same source footage, it is just a specific 15 second segment at the beginning. I tried rendering with the effects removed to no avail. If I render the initial footage in Premier with the same settings(H.264, 1080pHD) it is smooth, but if I transfer that segment from AE back to Premiere after adding effects, it isn't smooth anymore with the exact same render. It just seems to be that one area. I'm doubting it is the effects fault as the problem persists even when the effects are removed entirely.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try flushing all caches in After Effects. Make sure both Premiere Pro and AE are up to date.

• 5. Re: Rendered out video drops frame rate in one place?
                  AaronJayJordan Level 1

I tried clearing the cache and again, the problem was still there. I seemed to have managed to work around the problem though by completely starting over that segment of the clip. I imported the raw footage into After Effects and cut it down to be perfectly in line with the old one. My test render of just that part seemed to come out good, effects and all, so now I'm rendering the full thing with high hopes. The rest of the clips are untouched imported straight from Premiere still. Perhaps that clip got corrupted somehow?

Thanks for your input nonetheless.