13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 5:43 PM by jonydare2008

Camera raw doesn't open and Photoshop freezes

mikkos97129651

Hello everyone

Since today, when I open a RAW photo in photoshop, or if I want to use the Camera Raw filter with a JPEG photo, nothing happens, meaning camera raw doesn't open as it's supposed to and Photoshop freezes and I can't do anything anymore.

I have read the articles about problems with graphic processors on adobe, but all the infos I can find online doesn't help me. I did the following things, which did not solve the problem:

- I updated my photoshop und lightroom to the newest version.

- I checked for new drivers for my graphic processors, but they are up to date.

- I checked which driver my photoshop uses:

glgpu[0].GLVersion="3.3"

glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=1

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=2112

glgpu[0].GLName="Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="Intel"

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=32902

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="8.15.10.2626"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=8192

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=358

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

glgpu

- I checked which drivers are installed on my computer:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

(I use Windows 7 64 bit system)

- I went to Default Settings -> Camera RAW and the box "Use graphic processor" is unchecked (it says it was deactivated due to an error). I can check the box but there's an error sound and the next time I open the window, it is still unchecked.

- I went to Default Settings -> Performance and I checked the box "Use graphic processor" and the graphic processor it finds there is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000".

So, can someone help me and tell me what I can do? So far, Photoshop and CameraRaw have always worked fine, and I have no idea why it is not working anymore.

Thank you.