Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outlook 2016 Adobe PDF plugin giving run-time error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have a user who is running fully updated Windows 10, Office 2016 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.15.  I can't get the Office plugin to load correctly.  I've repaired both Acrobat and Office, removed and added the addin manually, and logged in with a different profile with the same results.  Before I waste any more time on this has anyone see this behavior before?  In theory we have hundreds of computers with identical images and this is the only one I'm see this with.

Thanks!

Julie

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Hi and thank you for your response. This was indeed the solution, although I came up with it on my own a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t have a way to update from the app so I needed to get the version from the website and that was some drama as well but all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the above mentioned description, you are receiving runtime error when trying to load Acrobat PDFMaker addin in outlook, is that correct?

As Acrobat 11.0.15 is not supported with Office 2016, please try updating Acrobat to the latest version and see if that resolves the issue. Launch Acrobat > click "Check for Updates" under Help.

You can also download updates manually from this link: Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

Once updated, reboot the machine and try again.

You may refer to this link for more info on Acrobat compatibility with other applications: Web browsers and PDFMaker applications compatible with Acrobat and Reader

Let us know how it goes.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your response. This was indeed the solution, although I came up with it on my own a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t have a way to update from the app so I needed to get the version from the website and that was some drama as well but all is good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with Acrobat DC Pro.  Outlook keeps disabling this addin.  I should have the latest version of DC Pro as I just downloaded it today (9/26/17).  When the addin is disabled, I can't get pdfs to open.  When as enable the addin, it causes Outlook to close down.  Any help?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Boilerbomber,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the link below:

Outlook 2013 crashes when PDFMaker add-in is enabled

Also, let us know the version of Acrobat DC you have on the machine. To check the version, you may refer this KB link: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines