This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
1 person found this helpful
If I get your query correctly InDesign is crashing on launch , if yes please try below mentioned steps and share results.
- Close InDesign and all Adobe applications
- Reset preferences manually
- Go to locations /Library/Preferences/ and /Library/Caches/ and delete or rename folder Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.com
- Launch InDesign from Creative cloud
- If it still does not work boot system to safe boot with same account and check how it works, if it works fine close all third party running services. For details click here Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
- Log in to root account For details check here How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support
Check how application works there, If it works fine
- Go to Location ~/Library/Preferences
- right click preferences folder and click get info
- Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
- Change permissions to read and write.
- Click the Action pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
- If you do not see your account there click on plus symbol on bottom left corner and add account and follow same steps
- Follow same steps for
- ~/Library/Application support
- /Library/Application support
- Note: If you are on office system ,these (/Library/Application support and/Library/Preferences) folders may or may not allow you to add user , that is completely fine.
- If it still does not work uninstall(Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps) and reinstall(Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial) application