7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2017 4:43 PM by Guest Services Inc.

Troubleshooting My Workstation [Upgrade Needed?]

Guest Services Inc.

Hello everyone!

I would like to thank anyone in advance for their help. I am the sole video producer for a hospitality company and have a very large creative leash in what I can create but am often bottle-necked by frequent crashes, painful loading times, complete computer lock-ups, and various other issues. I have to believe that professionals who work with this software don't encounter these issues as frequently as I am and I need to pinpoint what might be bottle-necking my rig. I work most commonly with 4K 10-bit footage and use various 2D and 3D effects through after effects and even some other applications such as Maya. My systems specs are listed below, this is the rig our IT department provided for me

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Precision Tower 5810

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.5 GHz

Graphics Card: (2) Nvidia Quadro M4000

Hard Drive: ATA ST2000DM001-1ER1 SCSI Disk Device

Ram: 16gb

The first thing that I can see might be causing these issues is my hard drive, would purchasing a solid state with enough storage be the best solution or are their additional issues/solutions?

Thank you again to anyone who can help, my boss has already given me approval to make any purchase I deem fit and I really jsut want to be able to do my job without my computer holding me back so again I really appreciate the help. I will also be glad to answer any additional questions to help pinpoint this issue.