• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create guide line that extends to entire doc, not just 1 pg -- Acrobat Pro DC

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a guide line that extends to the entire document. I know how to drag a guide from the ruler, but that guide line shows only on the current page.

Isn't there a way to create a guide line that will show on all pages? I want to easily check the page margins throughout the entire document, so I want to be able to scroll through the doc and see that the margins are in line with the guides.

Thanks.

Ken

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Thanks, Karl. I found a workaround. I'm formatting a book, and the margins on odd and even pages alternate. First I cropped the odd pages using the "odd page margins," and quickly scrolled through the document to ensure all of the text was within those margins. Then I removed the cropping and cropped all of the even pages using the "even page margins." Scrolled through quickly and eyeballed the even pages.

Worked pretty well.

Thanks again.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guide lines are always page specific. I am not aware of any mechanism to create one that would be visible on all pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Karl. I found a workaround. I'm formatting a book, and the margins on odd and even pages alternate. First I cropped the odd pages using the "odd page margins," and quickly scrolled through the document to ensure all of the text was within those margins. Then I removed the cropping and cropped all of the even pages using the "even page margins." Scrolled through quickly and eyeballed the even pages.

Worked pretty well.

Thanks again.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines