• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to quit Indesign Application automatically upon closing window?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I am shutting down my Mac I get the error that Indesign has not been quit (though I have closed the window using the x).

I have to quit it manually before the computer will close down (by right mouse click on the Application and choosing 'quit').

Is there any way I could change the settings as so that the Application will quit upon closing the Application using the x?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

There is no such setting. By default, the application is left open so you can open another document.

I can't think of an application that has that as a setting (unless I've been missing something).

It's easy to see which applications are open if you just look down at the Dock. Open applications have a little dot under their icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the X only closes the window on a Mac. It does not quit the program. To quit use the keyboard command Command-Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such setting. By default, the application is left open so you can open another document.

I can't think of an application that has that as a setting (unless I've been missing something).

It's easy to see which applications are open if you just look down at the Dock. Open applications have a little dot under their icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines