Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to launch Adobe Indesign 2017

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 12.13.39 PM.png

Any advise on now to resolve this issue would be great.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

I ran 15 & 17 on my system with no problem. I have since deleted Cc15. It sounds like there is a mix up with 15. What happens when you uninstall Cc15 first? I have seen versions look to the same file and for one app and for one version it will not work correctly but this is usually when it's trying to connect to another app. You should be able to run versions of the same app side by side.

So do try uninstalling CC15. Install CC17. See if it works. If so, reinstall CC15 again & see if they both w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that this is a Macintosh issue that can be dealt with by going through Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility. When you get there you'll get the following dialog:

PERMISSIONS.png

You must be an Admin on your machine to run this. If so first run Verify Disk Permissions and if anything comes up then run Repair Disk Permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this just start happening? Have you been able to open Id at all since installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. You are running El Capitan. You can not fix permissions. Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 12.06.30 PM.png

There is no need to in fix permissions in the Apple X system anymore. Try running First Aid from your Disk Utility.

You can also run Adobe's Clean Up Tool:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Can you run InDesign under another user? If you can run from another user then you know that it is a User Preference problem (Reset your preference) If you can not then it is a bigger problem in the Local Preferences.   (See above with Adobe's Cleaner)

Reset Preferences:

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

The last option is to uninstall then reinstall the application.

1. Run First Aid from your Disk Utility. (Don't think that is the issue but it will fix system issues you might have)
  2. I would probably try to create a new user and try to start InDesign from that user.
  3. If that works then reset your user preferences.
  4. If it does not try running the Clean Up tool
  5. If all else fails then uninstall then reinstall the application. Make sure you install it prior to reinstalling it.

Let me know if any of this helps. I run indesign on the same operating system so I know it is either remaining installations from other InDesign installs or the User Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2015 just OK. It is when I update 2017 and uncheck the "delete old version".

I will try this and thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran 15 & 17 on my system with no problem. I have since deleted Cc15. It sounds like there is a mix up with 15. What happens when you uninstall Cc15 first? I have seen versions look to the same file and for one app and for one version it will not work correctly but this is usually when it's trying to connect to another app. You should be able to run versions of the same app side by side.

So do try uninstalling CC15. Install CC17. See if it works. If so, reinstall CC15 again & see if they both work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines