Exit

Ray-traced 3D: Initial shader compile failed

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now,

I'll try to explain in details:

My GPU is GeForce GTX 1070 - not supported from AE (funny)

After the "Ray-traced 3D: Initial shader compile failed (5070 :: 12)" error the next one is "Cannot create context for ray tracer (5070 :: 1)", followed by "Out of paged mapped memory for ray tracer. Your project may exceed GPU limits. Try closing other applications. Try updating the CUDA driver (5070 :: 2)."

I searched the internet for the problem before i post here and i've done the following:

1. Installed the latest CUDA driver.

2. Added (the exact name of) my GPU in the file "raytracer_supported_cards.txt"

raytraced_supported_cards.jpg

3. Enabled untested and unsupported GPU for CUDA...

enable_untestedGPU.jpg

4. Replaced the optix.1.dll file with the suggested one i found on the network

optix1dll_replaced.jpg

None of these worked. Any other suggestions?...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Yes, i know Pixel Motion Blur and Camera Lens Blur, but instead of one step, there are few steps. Cinema 4D should be something modern, but offers fewer options. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raytrace renderer is obsolete.  You can achieve the same results using the new Cinema 4D renderer. What are you trying to do with the old retrace 3D engine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind to use Cinema 4D, just tell me how can i use motion blur and depth of field with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For motion blur effect you can use the Pixel Motion Blur Effect under Time category. For Depth of Field effect you can use the Camera Lens Blur effect with Z-Depth map under Blur & Sharpen category. Anyway, you cannot use MB and DOF with Raytrace if your comp is not in Full resolution, slowing your compositing process. Instead, use the normal Classic 3D renderer.

As we have said in multiple threads, Raytrace is an obsolete renderer since there are no advances or enhancements since 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, i know Pixel Motion Blur and Camera Lens Blur, but instead of one step, there are few steps. Cinema 4D should be something modern, but offers fewer options. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines