• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Flow in Multi-Column Master

Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a page master that contains one or more columns of text and/or graphics.I started out by going to various support links identified in a web search, but am having difficulty following procedures such as those outlined in https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/threading-text.html. There was also one URL that showed how to create a 3-column document from the get-go, but that will not work in my case (I need only a limited number of 3-column pages). Therefore I created a 3-column page master.

I can only see the 'flow' icons in the currently selected the text box; I cannot create the 'flow arrows from one text box to the next. I did see a reference to flowing text once the box is full (flow icon turns red), and that may be my only option[?]). I guess that can work, but wonder if it can be made to work automatically when the box/page is filled.

And then I need to flow text from a full page to the next page, etc. Perhaps that will become obvious when I have a full page(?).

Any ideas appreciated.

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Hi,

You can thread together empty frames as well, by clicking on the outport of first frame and then clicking on the inport of the second frame.

In irder to see which frame is linked to which ine you can enable view text frame threads option from the View menu. Quick Tip: Master Text Threading in Adobe InDesign

Also, i think using smart text reflow preference may help you. https://indesignsecrets.com/make-indesign-add-pages-automatically-as-you-type.php

I hope reading the above links help you so

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can thread together empty frames as well, by clicking on the outport of first frame and then clicking on the inport of the second frame.

In irder to see which frame is linked to which ine you can enable view text frame threads option from the View menu. Quick Tip: Master Text Threading in Adobe InDesign

Also, i think using smart text reflow preference may help you. https://indesignsecrets.com/make-indesign-add-pages-automatically-as-you-type.php

I hope reading the above links help you solve your problem

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks so much.

Best,

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines