• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop and Bleed

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to lay out some trading cards I want printed on a piece of 12.2 x 19 paper. They want crop and bleed marks and I haven't used indesign in like 4 years. I forget how to add rows and columns of bleed and crop. I tried using rulers for it, but I figure this doesn't work. It will have to be symmetrical so when it's flipped over to print the rear of the cards everything lines up.

Here is what I am trying to do, (it's an example, things should and will look better once I figure it out) - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Do it in InDesign. Creating text in Photoshop is not a good idea. Bring the printer a PDF/X-4 exported from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you start a new document (File > New > Document) select Print as the Intent and for the Page Size (TPS – trimmed page size), for example 12.2 x 19, to this add 3mm to each edge (if it's one sheet)  for bleed, and also in this New document panel you can select the number of columns, and other features. You add Crop marks when you export the InDesign document as a PDF for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try adding guides to the master page? And then applying the same master page on the back and forth pages. Fyi: these guides wont be printed and are no way similar to crop and bleed marks. However with the guides you would be able to place the card images on the front and back just like the the screenshot you have shown...

If you want to use crop and bleed marks, then use separate page for each side of the card instead of the above approach. In this case, each page will have one card image whereas in the above each page will have multiple card images.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make these up as separate documents and export them as a PDF/X-4 and get your printer to impose them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the Master Files are made in photoshop. Should I remake them all in InDesign?

The printer also requested that they all be on one filed that is ready to print, otherwise I would be charged more. I wanted to take the photoshop file an copy each one to the indesign file, but that doesnt seem like it can be done anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you were posting in the InDesign forum I assumed you were using InDesign. If your a/w is already made up in Photoshop you may as well stay with that, assuming you've allowed for bleed. I would get the printer to impose - maybe you should consider changing printers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do it in InDesign. Creating text in Photoshop is not a good idea. Bring the printer a PDF/X-4 exported from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines