2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 11:55 AM by pavgre7

green cache bar in after effects not moving smoothly!

pavgre7

The green bar in my after effects is not moving smoothly and i cannot edit the part in the middle of a second as the time display only moves with one whole second along with the green bar. i am not able to edit nicely for logo animation please help.

specs:-

windows 10 64 bit

i7-6500U

16gb RAM

2tb hardrive

• 1. Re: green cache bar in after effects not moving smoothly!
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am guessing you are new to After Effects and do not understand the user interface and time display. If so please make sure your version of AE is up to date and then start here: Basic AE.

If that does not solve your problem try this:

1. Select the composition you are having problems with in the Project Panel so we can see the composition settings
          2. Select the layers that are giving you problems in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all of the modified properties of those layers
          3. Make sure that the Timeline panel is showing you the entire timeline by using the small icons at the bottom left that look like mountains to expand the timeline view
          4. Press Print screen on your keyboard
          5. Return to this forum, add a reply and give us workflow details so we know exactly what you are trying to accomplish, then press the return key and paste your screenshot (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) so we can see what is going on

It's impossible to give you much help without details and a compressive screenshot.

• 2. Re: green cache bar in after effects not moving smoothly!
            pavgre7 Level 1

I have after effects CC 2015, I am pretty new to  this but that basics link will surely help the thing is my timeline looks like this

but all the tutorials I've seen have a different movement on the current time indicator and their movement is smooth too. How do i make my timeline move like this:-