6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 1:33 PM by emilyz76722205

Movement Issues with Puppet in Character Animator

emilyz76722205

This is my first time making a puppet in character animator based on a design I created in Illustrator (usually I use photoshop but this time I wanted to work with vectors). I followed the sample Illustrator character model and made sure that I didn't have any extra independent layers that were throwing the movement off. Yet I still have two problems...

1. The head tilt doesn't look natural.  In the past with similar looking characters that I made in Photoshop, the head tilted without any warping in the neck. I also noticed that when I tilt the head, the body moves slightly... I'm not sure why that is.

2. When I move other parts of the body, the whole character moves. As you can see in this video, when I move the arm, the entire body tilts with it, like it is on a hinge. I tried making the arm independent, but then it wasn't recognized in the mesh (even in contour mode). Then when it isn't independent, as it is now, the draggable is moving the entire body with it.

Here is a screenshot of how I set up my character, in case that might help.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.50.53 AM.png

I would appreciate any help, since I hope to make more characters from illustrator and rig them in character animator! Thank you!!