3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2017 7:59 PM by Jao vdL

Lightroom CC Install Failure—Exit Code: 7 and DF015

mattc92008387

When Adobe LR informed me that LR CC had an update, I opened CC and began the upgrade process. The "upgrade" seems to have been a reversion, because LR lost the Dehaze command. Splash screen image at LR startup changed to show what looked like a California meadow scene. Therefore, I uninstalled LR and then tried to reinstall in hopes that the updater would use the most current version. The LR install now fails with the following error message:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DF015 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Lightroom 6.0.0.0 {8048A5DF-8A70-5BE1-954B-E0FDE1BD0D0D} -----------

ERROR: DF015: Unable to delete symlink "/Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/Helpers/DynamicLinkMediaServer/application/dynamiclinkmediaserver. app/Contents/Adobe QT32 Server.app/Contents/Frameworks"(Seq 3676)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a root user account installed but I do not believe the path listed in the error message is valid, as attempting to delete it via command line fails. System OS info below.

MacOS Sierra, version 10.12.5