• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync LR mobile automatically to iPhone Camera Roll in both iPhone LR and iPad LR?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question isn't as skillfully presented as I wish it to be...here's what I want to do (and I think it can be done but for the life of me can't figure out how):

I want to have my iPhone Camera Roll automatically be synced/mirrored in LR mobile (on both the iPhone and iPad - and LR online) to reflect shots made, edited and deletes.

I have mobile LR syncing fine with collections on my desktop. I have the desktop files in dropbox and have been using the LRcat on MBP and iMac successfully for a few years and I don't care too much whether the Camera Roll folder goes to the desktop LR or not. But I definitely don't want to risk some crazy mistake upsetting my setup on LRcc.

I really haven't made much use of mobile LR but with this last update it looks to be terrific and what I want to do is make photos with my iPhone and edit them with my iPad as a regular workflow...but having to transfer each file is a complication I would like to eliminate...

thanks,

tom

PS...I've read a lot of the posts on similar topics and have deleted all of my Camera Roll on the iPad and do have the latest version installed, my LRcc is subscription and updated; I'm using an iPhone 7plus and iPad pro 10.5" - both with latest iOS updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On hour phone, in LrM, choose one collection, tap it, and set it to Auto Add. This means any new photos in Camera Roll will automatically arrive in LrM when you next open it. So any new photos on the phone will be in LrM. They will sync up to Adobe's servers, and then be available on the iPad and desktop.

Beyond that, LrM cannot change stuff that's in the Camera Roll. It is only allowed to import new pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, John.

That is a big help but for the workflow I'm using LRm for, I think it will actually be easier to move files individually, doing all the culling on the iPhone first and then just editing on iPad ...was hoping I could do more on the big screen but I guess that's a couple of version away.

cheers,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines