• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Air - No adblockers installed

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate all the responses helpfully telling me to disable my adblockers, but I have attempted this download across three browsers, turned off my antivirus, and logged into the site via a proxy to ensure it was not my internet connection.

I do not believe ad blockers are the problem.  (Windows 10, most up to date versions of Chrome, Firefox and IE 11.)

Like everyone else, I am getting the following error:

This site can’t be reached

airdownload.adobe.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Going to the Adobe Air download URL actually is:

https://get.adobe.com/air/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to the Adobe Air download URL actually is:

https://get.adobe.com/air/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please disable ad-blockers/ any extensions like ghostery, and then download Adobe AIR installer. It will download without issue.

In case you need to download the installer, go to Adobe - Adobe AIR page directly and download.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I appreciate the reply, but I very clearly stated in my original post that I do NOT have any ad-blockers installed or enabled on any of the three browsers I attempted this with.

I have cleared the cache and cookies from all three, connected to a server in another country via proxy, and connected to my work network via VPN.

Another person at that same proxy DNS is able to view/download the file fine, so there's clearly an issue somewhere, but your stock response is not fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your post you provided a dead link.

Did you try clicking my link rather then ignoring my post?

You have stated others are able to download, works for me.

If you have tried other browsers, other machines work then it is something with either what you have on your browsers or your machine.

Since it works for others Adobe can not do much to service you here. If you can not access a webpage etc to download something it is outside their support really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have got the same problem. Anyone an good idea? Support couldnt help me. They tried it, and everything was ok. I tried it and nothing happened. I am able to download Flash, Acrobat Reader,... The only product I am not able to download is Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is about Air, not the others. IT is not the same problem. But as Adobe support has said. If you have ad blockers these can cause such problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get it? I made all the steps that you can make. No adblockers, ... But nothing happened. All the other Adobe Products were no problem but I was not able to get Air. But now i found a website where i could download an older version of Air. That was ok, without any problem. Even with the adblocker o and with Firewall,...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the initial response to my post, I mentally made a rude gesture and had a friend in the US get the download file for me.

Re-reading this thread, the link that Liam provided (the second reply was the one that made me throw up my hands and give up) is actually working.  Why I am unable to google 'Adobe Air' and get the same thing (As that was my initial assumption, that I had an old link; so I tried Googling), I don't know.

I provided my buddy in Boston the same link I was trying and he was able to access it.  Maybe it was coincidentally updated at the same time I was trying?  Or perhaps Google hasn't updated yet; I suppose it's impossible to say.

In either case, the link Liam provided in the first reply (https://get.adobe.com/air/​) is working for me as of this morning. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the link from googling and was the first result that came up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines