• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Save for web" suddenly insisting on saving slices

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, I've not recently updated my Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 but all of a sudden the "save for web" interface (Cmd-Opt-Shift-S) wants to save my files in slices. I have NEVER, EVER done slices and have no idea why it would think I would want to. Is there some way to turn off this "feature"? I've been reading help tips for half an hour or more and everything refers to the 2015 release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Make sure there are no slices in your document. Use menu the extras is checked and Show>Slices is checked.  How can Save for web slice up your images if there are no slices defined in the document? It it random slicing?

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure there are no slices in your document. Use menu the extras is checked and Show>Slices is checked.  How can Save for web slice up your images if there are no slices defined in the document? It it random slicing?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to guess that you inadvertently added slices to your file. You can do this a few ways:

• drag with the slice tool (lives with the Crop tool);
  • click on Layer > New layer-based slice. or
  • use the Slices from Guides button on the options bar.

So, moving forward... go ahead and show the slices as per JJMack, above. Right click over any slices with a blue badge and choose Delete Slice. Repeat until you are down to one gray badge. Then export again and let us know if that takes care of it.

Photoshop CCss_010.pngPhotoshop CCss_011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines