6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 4:48 PM by Claudio González

PageMaker 7.0

juliel10363245

I purchased PageMaker 7.0 several years ago and created some very important documents.  I still have my CDs, but my new computer does not have a CD reader.  Is there a link to download PageMaker 7.0, or another way for me to access my files since this software is obsolete?

• 1. Re: PageMaker 7.0
          John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are your original Pagemaker 7.0 CDs for Windows or Mac? Which operating system are you now running?

Do you have access to a portable external hard drive which you can connect to the new computer via USB?

Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription or access to InDesign CS6? InDesign can open those files although it may not be a perfect conversion.

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PageMaker 7.0
            juliel10363245 Level 1

My original CDs are for Windows and my new computer is Windows 2016.  I do NOT have access to a portable hard drive. 

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: PageMaker 7.0
              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I assume you're running Windows 10.

Do you have a Creative Cloud subscription or access to InDesign CS6? InDesign can open those files although it may not be a perfect conversion.

Failing anything else, your best option may be to trial the Adobe Cloud for 7 days and see if you can open those files in InDesign CC 2017.

• 4. Re: PageMaker 7.0
                BarbBinder Adobe Community Professional

Do you mean Windows 10? That's the latest Windows operating system.

If you google, "link to download pagemaker" you will find several sites that purport to allow you to download PageMaker 7. None come from Adobe, so I can't vouch for any of them. Use them at your own risk, and keep in mind that PageMaker 7 came out in 2001 and Windows 10 came out last year, so no guarantees that it will run.

• 5. Re: PageMaker 7.0
                  BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You’ll need to find a machine with a CD/DVD drive and copy the contents to a USB thumb drive.

But be aware that PM may not run at all on anything later than Windows XP and certainly won’t run or install on a new Mac.

• 6. Re: PageMaker 7.0
                    Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Amazon offers several models of external CD drives for less than USD30.

1 person found this helpful