2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 7:47 AM by ohmnath

Curser looks different - Auswahlwerkzeug Curser sieht plötzlich ganz anders aus

LZ9

Hi everybody

I think it is due to the new update I made today that my cursor looks different now. I hope you can undo it...

Its the newest version Indesign cc 2017

It affects the selection tool and the direct selection tool.

Danke für eure Hilfe - Thanks for your help

Julia

• 1. Re: Curser looks different - Auswahlwerkzeug Curser sieht plötzlich ganz anders aus
          Bill Silbert Adobe Community Professional

If you've updated to CC 2017 InDesign and things—like your cursor—seem different it may be because CC 2017 doesn't seem to like using the preference files from previous version. Try recreating your preference files using the following method:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

To further assure a fresh start it might also be a good idea to delete your InDesign cache files using this method:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire file “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the cache file completely leads to a lasting change. 

For Windows Users: Follow the path to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]\en_US\Cache

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Curser looks different - Auswahlwerkzeug Curser sieht plötzlich ganz anders aus
            ohmnath Adobe Employee

Hi LZ9,

Do you mean the look of the cursor? If yes, it was updated in the latest version of InDesign and Illustrator.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Om