• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forward Sort Order in Lightroom Mobile Public Wrong

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is strange problem where my Lightroom Mobile public galleries refusesto sort in a capture time order in the forward direction. BUT if I click the sort button near the top right (again, in the Public web gallery, without being signed in) the reverse sort is in reverse capture time order.

So, to summarize, in the public web gallery, forward sort is custom order, and reverse sort is reverse capture time order. 

Two questions:

1) Surely this is a bug, can anyone else confirm?  I've deleted the gallery and created a new one and get the same behaviour.  I've also checked a few other galleries and can confirm that forward order is not the opposite of backwards order.

2) How can I easily change the custom order to be the capture time order?  Then it wouldn't matter, the public wouldn't see the problem.  Doing it manually by dragging a few hundred pictures into capture time order is not a good option.

--

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Thanks to @johnrellis for the tips to the official bug report. The work-around is to go into your Lightroom Desktop, sort by capture time, then DRAG AND DROP one of the photos somewhere else so that the order is different.  This sets the "Custom Order" to be the same as the capture time order, except for that one picture.  Then, you drag and drop that picture back, which sets the "Custom Order" to be the same as the capture time order.

It's a known bug that they are addressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?  Are you all able to get your public lightroom mobile galleries to show in Capture Time order?  Because I can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug report might be relevant: Lightroom Public Gallery not sorting correctly | Photoshop Family Customer Community .  Best to continue the discussion in that topic, not here, since Adobe product developers actively participate in that forum but are rarely seen here (a user-to-user forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to @johnrellis for the tips to the official bug report. The work-around is to go into your Lightroom Desktop, sort by capture time, then DRAG AND DROP one of the photos somewhere else so that the order is different.  This sets the "Custom Order" to be the same as the capture time order, except for that one picture.  Then, you drag and drop that picture back, which sets the "Custom Order" to be the same as the capture time order.

It's a known bug that they are addressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines