1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 6:13 AM by Karl Heinz Kremer

Acrobat couldn't change the PDF file to Word format in a normal way

vivian cheung

I would like to have a try of Acrobat Pro before  my company will buy it for all staffs. I download the free trail for 7 days from Adobe official web.  And I would like to change the file form PDF to Word format, but finally it comes out with the Company logo miss out, the size and the contents change a lot. At the beginning there are only 2 pages in the original PDF file, and after using the  Acrobat for transferring, it becomes in 3 pages and it's totally different from the original .

**I tried to call the CS and Technical Support,and the answer form both of them are I am just only using the free trial, they can't help me with any . And the final solution of them is they ask me to buy the software. And I ask this is only the first day , and it gets those problems,  how come I will still buy it , isn't it if I'm not buying it, and your staffs will not help me, and the answer of them is yes.

• 1. Re: Acrobat couldn't change the PDF file to Word format in a normal way
          Karl Heinz Kremer Adobe Community Professional

Converting from PDF to Word, Excel or any other format is one of the most complex things you can try to do with a PDF file. It works very well in some cases, in other cases the output has very little to do with the original file. The key for success is that the PDF file needs to be "tagged" - which means that it contains information about the information that is displayed in the file. The best way to make sure that a PDF file is tagged correctly is by using the PDFMaker in Acrobat to create the PDF file from Word or Excel (that's the Acrobat ribbon or toolbar).

Unfortunately there is not much you can do to improve the output without spending a lot of time (e.g. by manually tagging the file). Also, if you are using Adobe's ExportPDF service and don't have access to Acrobat, that is not even an option.

The only thing you can do is complain to the original author of the file and tell them that they used a bad PDF generator to create the PDF file.

Sometimes it helps to save the PDF file as a set of high resolution (e.g. 600dpi) images, then import these images back into Acrobat, run OCR and then export to Word or Excel again.