• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC and Reader 11

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know what is the easiest way to not have Acrobat DC install the Reader component.  My company currently has Reader 11 and is causing issues.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Acrobat does not install Reader by itself. If you have both it means someone installed them both, separately from each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat does not install Reader by itself. If you have both it means someone installed them both, separately from each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC and as I know it, all versions of Acrobat comes with Reader.  I would like to not have Reader installed while Acrobat is installing.  My company has a core Reader version, standalone, that comes with the OS build.  Since not all users need Acrobat, I would want to have Reader not installed with what Acrobat comes with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No version of Acrobat comes with Reader. There's no reason to have both applications installed, unless you want to test your form fields or scripts in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As was already explained, Acrobat does not come with Reader, it's a separate installation. Let's take a step back: How exactly are you determining that Reader is installed after you install Acrobat? Have you checked that Reader is not already installed before you install Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines