• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: error 50 fix failed

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and will try the above but geez, what a PIA! Why is it failing in first place? Rhetorical.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Bani,

Thanks again.  This eventually worked but I share the following to give you some feedback and help others.

First, I guess it goes without saying this should be bulletproof.....and the desktop install error seems to strike me every year and a half of so and one time is too many.

Anyway, went through the steps carefully and instead of freezing at 43% it froze at 53%.  And when I went through the steps again, I noted that this file and it's OOBE main folder would not totally delete....the file w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Luluwebdesign I am sorry that you are facing Error 50 when installing the Creative Cloud desktop app.  To repeat suggesting duplicate steps can you please list the troubleshooting steps you have implemented to resolve the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I did not realize this prior thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2355637  was branched to here as I previously posted there with no reply. So I will try here as it is the same issue and my posts are on the prior thread.

My cloud desktop tried to update and failed at 43%. I have a mix of CC2017 and 2015 programs installed.   I could not uninstall cloud desktop from windows (because it said the other programs needed it installed so it refused and I could not log out because.....the desktop cloud app would not run) so I ran the "Creative Cloud uninstaller" which ran to completion. Then a re-install also failed at 43%.

I am now at the point where my programs say when I start them that I have a bad install of cloud desktop and need to reinstall.Good grief.... and I have projects I need to work on next week so this is getting critical.

So next on this menu of choices here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

is to run the cleaner tool. Correct????  This is what a very respected poster also suggested but I am not clear on what option to use.

I would really appreciate an answer to this question.  When I run the Adobe CC cloud cleaner tool there are 13 options.

The link to the CC cleaner tool says to:

"Select the application you want to remove: Press the number that corresponds to the app name and then press Enter"

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

This is not real specific for a specific issue of the desktop cloud app not installing....  It seems like re-installing windows when a drive won't install.

I JUST want to remove the Creative Cloud app. I do not want to remove all my other cloud apps (well, they used to be programs...Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) that (were) working until the creative cloud update/desktop app tried to update and failed at 43%.

So what selection just "cleans" the desktop update app (assuming that is all I need to do)?  It is just not real clear to me....

1 is "all".  Ominous..I assume all the cloud apps that are installed?  Hope I don't need to run this....

2 Adobe Flash N/A

3 Creative Cloud 2017 2015 2014 Creative cloud and CS6 products - seems to clean the cloud and cloud products for CC versions or just CS 6 products?  Language not clear but seems to clean the cloud desktop app and the real programs for both?

4 Creative cloud 2017 2015 only.  So the desktop app or all cloud apps for those years. Just the cloud app?  This might be the one I need to run (however this is not one of the numbers the helpfile suggests as the numbers seem to say different things-see below).

5 Creative Cloud 2014 only.  Don't Think I have 2014 on here.

6 Creative Cloud only.  Okay is this just the desktop app that won't install??? <<<<<<<IS THIS what I want??? So all years? Difference between this and 4???

7 through 10 is old CS versions.

So what number do I run if I just want to clean the cloud desktop and re-install it?

I consider myself pretty technical, but this is kind of sketchy.

Another Adobe helpfile for when you get "failed to install desktop app" says to choose option 3 and 1!!  But the descriptions of 3 and 1 per this link are not one I am seeing now from the CC cloud cleaner tool!!!  I mean option 1 on what I just ran says ALL, on the adobe help it says "Adobe Desktop Cloud".

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html   

So....I am hoping all I have to do is uninstall this Creative desktop app and NOT all my other apps and lose all my settings and preferences again...I am mostly running CC 2017 although since I see After effects being CC2015 I may have those old versions on there.

With all the problems with this error 50 going back years, seems like adobe should have all in one place everything you need to do.

This is the second time since moving to the cloud platform I have had issues with the Creative cloud app updating/installing.....

I am on Windows 10 Pro.

Any help, most appreciated.

Thanks,

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, "Adobe Application Manager" popped up and checked for updates.  All that shows is Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Camera Raw.

Isn't this the old updater program before desktop cloud?

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe please reply and help out?  I have other people come to me for tech and adobe product help.  Ironically someone just told me this morning they are also having issues updating. They are not that technical and asked me for help...

My  CS6 and a competitors product are on an old PC.  Do I really have to go back to that?

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BJBBJB1,

Apologies for the delay in response and the inconvenience caused.

As you have already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps i would recommend you to refer to the steps shared in the following thread to manually remove the remnants of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app from your machine: illustrator reinstalling free trial 1 day old!

After this try the installation of Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app again and share the results: Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial.

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani,

Thanks for the reply.  Those linked detailed instructions are for the Mac OS.  I am on windows as I noted (10 pro to be specific).  I can translate finder vs. Explorer etc. but I suspect the processes and folders are different. Do you have a windows version?

One big item I did not try to run is the Adobe cleaner program as I was unsure what option number to pick which I tried to explain above in detail.  You refer to the same FAQ on the cleaner program and it says:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

• Select the application you want to remove: Press the number that corresponds to the app name and then press Enter.

Along with a windows version of the instructions  can you please tell me what option number of the 13 on the cleaner tool to pick for just the Adobe cloud desktop app?.??

Thanks,

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for sharing the wrong link, this following link has the manual cleanup steps to remove Creative Cloud Desktop app from a windows machine: ich kann adobe nicht installieren - Fehlermeldung 43

I have also taken screen shots of Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to make it easier for you, please see below:

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Kindly update us with the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bani,

Thanks again.  This eventually worked but I share the following to give you some feedback and help others.

First, I guess it goes without saying this should be bulletproof.....and the desktop install error seems to strike me every year and a half of so and one time is too many.

Anyway, went through the steps carefully and instead of freezing at 43% it froze at 53%.  And when I went through the steps again, I noted that this file and it's OOBE main folder would not totally delete....the file was "adobe_licutil".  It said I needed administrator access to delete....and I was running as administrator.  I know windows and I was and am administrator.   So I was just going to verify and change permissions but I got a "unable to display current owner".  There was no way to change permissions without going through a Linux boot or some such.

So I rebooted........it then allowed me to delete after it asked for admin access. FURTHER, there were folders that were NOT there the first time I checked that were after the reboot. There is no doubt, and yes I have hidden folders viewable.  Perhaps a reboot needs to be in the documentation somewhere.  Specifically SL-Store popped up this time and I renamed.  Also (and this is definitive) an "Adobe Creative Cloud_4.2.0.211" was not there and I renamed to old.  So perhaps a failed desktop install does not display some of these folders until a reboot.  And I have no idea what messed with the permissions on that one file.

Anyway, the third time (today) the install did work.

Thanks again, but I cannot stress strongly enough how I think the update technology needs to be re-looked at and made absolutely bullet-proof.  I know many creative types that cannot sort through all of this technical stuff nor should they.  Just a thought.

Thanks again.

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that everything is up and running now, thank you for your feedback i will certainly forward it to the relevant team.

Enjoy your software .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more optional step after running Adobe Cleaner tool:

Navigate to C:>Program Files(x86) > Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and inside if present rename Adobe Creative Cloud folder as Adobe Creative Cloud-old.

Then try to install again.

Still same ?? Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed steps.  I will try them out and report back.

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines