0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 4:22 PM by Michael J. Hoffman

Synchronize Folder doesn't complete when "Show Import Dialog" is selected

Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

Scenario: Lightroom CC 2015.12, running on Windows 10 v1703, all completely up to date.

I have an existing folder hierarchy, and I've added three images into an existing folder that LR knows about.

I right click the folder in the Folders panel of the Library module, and choose "Synchronize Folder..."

Lightroom correctly identifies that there are three new images to be added:

2017-08-01_19-06-44.png

Notice I have selected "Show import dialog before importing." I want this to be able to add keywords, metadata presets, etc.

However, when I choose "Synchronize," I get this blank import dialog. This is disturbingly similar to the very long standing import dialog bug where the thumbnails don't show up until you choose a "Destination." However, in the "Synchronize Folder" scenario, there is no destination tab on the right, because the destination is fixed and we are in "Add" mode:

2017-08-01_19-07-22.png

Notice that any forward progress is completely halted - the "Import" button is greyed out, and there is no possible action other than to cancel the operation.

If, during the sync process, I De-Select the "Show Import Dialog" option, the images are imported correctly (but without the ability for me to pick and choose, add metadata and keywords, etc):

2017-08-01_19-08-39.png

I plan to report this as a bug, but would like to have someone try to duplicate the issue if possible.

Thanks,

Mike