• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Luminosity masking bracketed exposures require paid for panels like TKactions?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning community:

I'm trying to figure out the best methods of blending multiple exposures with luminosity masking.

With my bracketed images, I need to ability to accurately select specific selections for mid, tones, and highlights. I want to avoid a general blending method like HDR, I need be able to preserve the data in the areas selected. 

In order to do this kind of luminosity masking do I need to purchase added on panel or are the basic functions of Photoshop enough?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi toddl,

Are you looking for something like this Blend Exposures with Luminosity Masks - 300+ free Photoshop Tutorials ​?

Note that this is my personal suggestion to refer this article as it might be helpful for you. 

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to purchase any add ons for luminosity masking in Photoshop. You just need to understand what luminosity masking is and how to use the tools to create them. This may be challenging, especially if you have little experience working image editing, channels and selections. There is a market for actions and panels that do this kind of editing automatically because so many Photoshop users don't understand how it works.

So the real answer is, if you have the time and inclination to learn how on your own, you don't need to purchase anything extra. If you don't have the time to learn, purchasing actions may be a worthy investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As Theresa says - there is no need to purchase anything. In fact doing this manually will help you see what is happening prior to building or using any automated actions.

See this tutorial showing how to create luminosity masks from scratch (it talks about CS5 but the process is still the same in CC)

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-and-use-luminosity-masks-in-adobe-photoshop--cms...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pluralsight have an excellent (to be paid for, but there is a 10-day free trial) online video tutorial called Photoshop CC Master Luminosity Masks by Kasia Zmokla

Search | Pluralsight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines