• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will XD be live?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to start using XD, but can't get my team on board until it's live. Does anyone have any idea if this is going to happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

No one really knows when Adobe will call it a final release 1.0, but it's still missing quite a number of features that would be required for what I consider "real world" work for teams. I wrote about them here: Is Adobe Experience Design (XD) Ready for Production Work?

In its current state, XD can work for simple, small projects, but its lack of styles, guides, and JPEG export can make it difficult to use on large projects. I'm sure it will get there, but it's going to take some more time. Unli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a clue. Adobe MAX is in October...maybe then? Why does the team not want to start using it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a whole process to get everyone switched over, just want to make sure it does go live one day and doesn't just sit in beta forever and then go away. I need to know it's a staple piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would they switch over from? XD is still missing a few vital features, and can't compete with Flinto or Marvel App just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From our current process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No one really knows when Adobe will call it a final release 1.0, but it's still missing quite a number of features that would be required for what I consider "real world" work for teams. I wrote about them here: Is Adobe Experience Design (XD) Ready for Production Work?

In its current state, XD can work for simple, small projects, but its lack of styles, guides, and JPEG export can make it difficult to use on large projects. I'm sure it will get there, but it's going to take some more time. Unlike some of the Adobe apps that were cancelled (like the whole set of "Edge" apps), I get the feeling that Adobe is very serious about XD. I do not expect it will be abandoned, and it should continue to develop. It just takes time to write good software.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines