6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 10:52 PM by vikashm82890197

itune disapproved app ?

vikashm82890197 Level 1

apple says following things need to be corrected

• 2. 3 Performance: Accurate Metadata
      • 4. Design: Preamble
      • 4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality

Guideline 2.3.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use. Specifically, your app's metadata contains only one iPad screenshot.

Guideline 4.0 - Design

We noticed an issue in your app that contributes to a lower quality user experience than Apple users expect:

- Your app did not include iOS features. App Store apps should use native iOS buttons and include iOS features other than just web views, push notifications, or sharing.

Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

Your app provides a limited user experience as it is not sufficiently different from a mobile browsing experience. As such, the experience it provides is similar to the general experience of using Safari. Including iOS features such as push notifications, Core Location, and sharing do not provide a robust enough experience to be appropriate for the App Store.

one of my app(paid4cell) with no efforts on designing or any thing is approved my itune and  not able to make it live the current one please me i am very new to itune connect and phonegap

• 1. Re: itune disapproved app ?
          kerrishotts Adobe Employee

vikashm82890197  wrote

apple says following things need to be corrected

• 2. 3 Performance: Accurate Metadata
          • 4. Design: Preamble
          • 4. 2 Design: Minimum Functionality

Guideline 2.3.3 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed that your screenshots do not sufficiently reflect your app in use. Specifically, your app's metadata contains only one iPad screenshot.

You need to supply more than one iPad screenshot. Show different facets of your app in question. Apple gives you several slots, use them to your advantage!

Guideline 4.0 - Design

We noticed an issue in your app that contributes to a lower quality user experience than Apple users expect:

- Your app did not include iOS features. App Store apps should use native iOS buttons and include iOS features other than just web views, push notifications, or sharing.

In general this means that your app should fit in with the existing L&F. Respect the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. This doesn't mean that your app has to use the native widgets, but it should be smooth, polished, and look like something more than just a website. In short, if you don't give Apple a reason to think that your app isn't native, they won't question it. If they think your app isn't native, then they are apt to throw these things at you if you don't provide some other native functionality. Consider using a framework like Framework7, Ionic, Onsen UI, etc. all of which are polished interfaces that fit in on iOS really well.

Guideline 4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality

Your app provides a limited user experience as it is not sufficiently different from a mobile browsing experience. As such, the experience it provides is similar to the general experience of using Safari. Including iOS features such as push notifications, Core Location, and sharing do not provide a robust enough experience to be appropriate for the App Store.

Your app should do more than just wrap a website in a webview. After all, there's a perfectly good app on your user's phone that can view a website, and it's the user's browser. If you need a home screen icon, you can do so without creating an app and taking up space on the user's device. Push, location, and sharing can all be done numerous ways now, so those aren't sufficient to qualify your web site as needing to be an app.

one of my app(paid4cell) with no efforts on designing or any thing is approved my itune and  not able to make it live the current one please me i am very new to itune connect and phonegap

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm surprised that your previous app was approved. It also points out that different reviewers catch different things. I suggest that you issue an update to your existing app and convert your current submission with the following in mind (all intended to help you make your app better, so please don't take this as rude or mean...):

• An app needs to respect the status bar. paid4cell doesn't.
            • For example, your menu button is overlaid by the status bar. Not good.
            • Your back buttons are overlaid by the status bar as well.
            • Your navigation bars are partially obscured by the status bar.
          • Although not a requirement, you should support swipe-to-go-back.
          • An app needs its own splash screen. Your app reuses the Cordova robot. This is usually caught by the reviewer, so I don't know how your paid4cell app got through.
          • paid4cell alerts have the html page as the title. This is a dead giveaway that the app is not native. Use the notifications plugin or use a framework's alerts instead. Oh, and provide more useful and user-friendly error messages.
          • paid4cell doesn't use HTTPS! Since you're asking for username/password information, this is horribly insecure! To be frank, you should pull the app now, since there's no protection of your users' personal information. Fix the issues, and resubmit. There's no excuse for running a public-facing API taking authentication information over straight HTTP. You can get a free cert from let's encrypt, after all.
          • There doesn't seem to be a lot of consideration given to padding, margins, etc. Apple does ask that the app have some kind of design language applied.
          • The app looks like a web form with no design language. Apply a theme, at least, and consistent metrics.
          • Your select drop downs are twitchy as all-get-out. I had to switch between several choices in order to get the value to stick.
          • When there are no records to display from a query (like order history), don't show a blank screen. Indicate that there are no orders to display.
          • When I created a new account and logged in, the menu says "Hi James". That is not my name. That... does not inspire confidence.
          • Your app's chrome should not participate in inertial scrolling. Your entire interface can be bounced up and down. Apps don't typically do that, and it's an easy fix by reading the config.xml documentation.
          • I can get to checkout without anything in my cart. That's... not ideal.
          • The online experience is actually visually superior to the app's appearance. Although I can't actually get the online functionality to work. That's not good either! :-/
          • I can select and copy parts of your app's chrome. Normal apps don't do that.
          • Your app doesn't handle being offline gracefully. (Login hangs forever, for example. You should detect it and provide an appropriate message.)

So, consider improving the above and resubmit both apps. And no matter what, use HTTPS! Don't bother resubmitting anything until you've done that.

One last point: Apple offers no guarantee that they will accept your app, even if you do all the above. Apple has full right to reject any app for any reason whatsoever. As such it's unwise to guarantee acceptance to any clients, since you literally cannot make that guarantee. You can do your best to work with Apple and get approved, but you can't guarantee approval.

I hope the above helps, and best of luck.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: itune disapproved app ?
            vikashm82890197 Level 1

Please help me with luvstay its frustrating for me i am working on it for now and paid4cell i just uploaded to know how things works and you are 200% correct about it it has too many flaws that i will correct on my clients input

Help me to resolve luvstay issue to better understand the app please download it from google playstore (luvstay)

i am using javascript alert() function for displaying error and on android it do not display page name what is alternative that works with both android and ios

and my app luvstay is not wrapping any website its build just to be an app please check android version then you will know

Please please please help

• 3. Re: itune disapproved app ?

So I downloaded the Android version of luvstay, and I'll reiterate that most of the above for paid4cell applies to luvstay too. Since I can't install on my iOS device, I can't verify that everything applies, but given what I've seen thus far, I'm going to hazard a guess that it does.

I'm going to suggest that you rebuild your apps with a good framework. If you're only comfortable with jQuery, then Framework7 is probably your best choice (ignoring the React/Vue/etc. bindings). Framework7 already looks and feels very native, and it has theming colors that would closely match what you're trying to do.

A couple more points that I discovered since:

• paid4cell has Cordova icons on the iPad Pro 12.9. (Not sure about other ipads). Can't imagine how this got past the reviewer.
              • One of the items in luvstay's menu leads to a page with lorem ipsum text on it!
              • when selecting a date in luvstay, an HTML calendar pops up, and then the keyboard pops up OVER it. That's poor UX.
              • No affordances -- I can click on a button and the content eventually renders, but I don't immediately know that the app "heard" me. Have highlights at least, and if a page is going to take a while to load, use a spinner.
              • Again, your entire chrome scrolls. Apps shouldn't do that.
              • 4. Re: itune disapproved app ?
                vikashm82890197 Level 1

i am not very much expert i just use notepad to write code lease guide me

like for now i just want to should pass appstore guideline as the budget was too low

and as paid4cell published i was enough confident that luvstay too will be approved

please guide me in details so i can do that like i am a backend developer i can not redesign it

so what is the minimal thing that i can do and app will be approved let me know 

You are angel please help me out

• 5. Re: itune disapproved app ?

Like I said before, no one can make any guarantees that anything you do will allow the app into the store. So I can't make the same claim to you. The best thing to do is follow the suggestions I've already provided, resubmit, and cross your fingers. Furthermore just because one app gets through doesn't mean another will -- it all depends on which reviewer you get.

As far as the budget being too low -- you're going to have to eat the extra time required to fix this and learn from it going forward. In the future, charge more. I can't write your code for you, either, nor is there (from my perspective) a quick fix, so you're going to have to work through this. I suggest a lot of Google, Stack Overflow, etc., and really get to know JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and a good framework in depth.

I understand you're between a rock and a hard place right now with a client. BUT that's the way it is, unfortunately. All I can suggest is the things I've already given you. They boil down to essentially the following:

• Respect the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. They live here: Design - Apple Developer
                  • Don't give Apple a reason to question whether your app is native or not. Lots of great frameworks come with great themes out-of-the-box, so I'd suggest using one. I'm guessing Framework7 will be your best option. Framework7 is here: http://framework7.io/
                  • Security (and Privacy) is super important. Don't ever release an app that connects over insecure HTTP. Learn about the backend technology -- you can't build apps that protect your user's data without a good understanding. There is no shortcut, either.
                    • Learn about networking and how computers talk to each other.
                    • Learn about some backend stacks. A common one is LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, and PHP). Also learn about Node (server-side JS)
                    • Learn about security and other issues. OWASP is a good place to start. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page
                    • Get SSL certificates. There's no excuse for not getting one, since you can do so for free with Let's Encrypt. https://letsencrypt.org/

Sorry I can't give you more than that -- apply the suggestions I've already given you, and you will probably be accepted by the App Store... but like I said, no one can guarantee that you'll be accepted in, even with an app that does everything right.

• 6. Re: itune disapproved app ?
                    vikashm82890197 Level 1

please help me with the screenshot which button they says is not native will see how i can use framework7 there