• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Design Help!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Captivate - I'm using it for a project on a trial basis and was going to see if I could incorporate it into my teaching. As my students use multiple devices, I liked the responsive design feature of Captivate. But I am not getting anywhere with the responsiveness despite reading many blog posts and numerous videos (some of which were for Captivate 8 which looked much easer for responsive design.

I have been working on this all day but I literally cannot make the title slide responsive. The text cuts off no matter how many buttons that I press. Here is how the first page looks like

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 2.42.07 PM.png

This looks fine! And I assume that when I click on iPhone that it will as well...but

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 2.42.20 PM.png

This is what it looks like. Part of the text gets cut off.

How do I fix this?

I know this is a basic problem, but it is what I am trying to do.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to check the option 'Enable Uniform Text Scaling'?

BTW If you prefer resposive desing with Breakpoint views it is still possible:

BreakpointWorkFlow.png

However do not underestimate the amount of work. For text you have to define the font size for all use breakpoints in the Object Style Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried uniform scaling and this is what happened.Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 5.43.48 PM.png

The text stayed the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try seeing what it looks like after publishing? It's a known fact that text won't adjust itself correctly while you're in source, at least not as well as you will see when publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that title remained in the Fluid box? It certainly looks like it is unlocked, this is not a normal behavior.

When I looked closer to your screenshot I see the presence of the button 'Suggest Fluid boxes'. Is this perhaps a normal project converted to a responsive project? You probably do not have Fluid boxes yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, looks like no fluidic boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you are facing with Adobe Captivate.

I have sent you a private message with my email address please email me your details and we will get back to you and assist you.

Regards

Viku

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources