9 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2010 2:42 PM by Junaid Atari

Cursor Pointing Problems

ArnoP
      I am having a problem lately with Fireworks CS3. When I point to the tool icon with the mouse I only show a hand.
      I have to position the mouse on next lower Icon and it then selects the one above.
      The distance of this error becomes worse the closer I get to the middle of the Toolbar.
      Left and right icons select ok.
      It also shows up in Dreamweaver. When I select the pointing tool to point to a picture file for instance the arrow appears about an inch above the mouse pointer.
      I have searched high and low with out getting a clue. I have replaced the display driver and used all kinds of different pointing devices. (several mice, tablet and built in pointing device on my Thinkpad T60p.
      Any ideas out there?

thanks
        • 1. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
          Level 7
          This seems to be a recently discovered problem. It has happened to me, but
          unfortunately I haven't discovered a solution. The problem can vanish
          without trace, and has done for me several times.

It has been suggested that deleting the Fireworks preference file may help.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Peter
          icon
          | with the mouse I only show a hand.
          | I have to position the mouse on next lower Icon and it then selects the
          one
          | above.
          | The distance of this error becomes worse the closer I get to the middle of
          the
          | Toolbar.
          | Left and right icons select ok.
          | It also shows up in Dreamweaver. When I select the pointing tool to point
          to a
          | picture file for instance the arrow appears about an inch above the mouse
          | pointer.
          | I have searched high and low with out getting a clue. I have replaced the
          | display driver and used all kinds of different pointing devices. (several
          mice,
          | tablet and built in pointing device on my Thinkpad T60p.
          | Any ideas out there?
          |
          | thanks
          |
          |

• 2. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
            ArnoP Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            This seems to be a recently discovered problem. It has happened to me, but
            unfortunately I haven't discovered a solution. The problem can vanish
            without trace, and has done for me several times.

It has been suggested that deleting the Fireworks preference file may help.

I forgot to mention that I have tried to fix it by deleting the preferences file to no avail before I posted.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Peter
            icon
            | with the mouse I only show a hand.
            | I have to position the mouse on next lower Icon and it then selects the
            one
            | above.
            | The distance of this error becomes worse the closer I get to the middle of
            the
            | Toolbar.
            | Left and right icons select ok.
            | It also shows up in Dreamweaver. When I select the pointing tool to point
            to a
            | picture file for instance the arrow appears about an inch above the mouse
            | pointer.
            | I have searched high and low with out getting a clue. I have replaced the
            | display driver and used all kinds of different pointing devices. (several
            mice,
            | tablet and built in pointing device on my Thinkpad T60p.
            | Any ideas out there?
            |
            | thanks
            |
            |

• 3. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
              thegendreamer
              hey thanks for all the information well read by myself
              • 4. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                visibility99

Has anyone solved this yet? I recently moved Fireworks CS3 from a Windows XP machine to a Windows 7 machine on a 1920x1200 resolution laptop, and now I've got the same weird mouse pointer mismatch. There is a hover offset between the mouse pointer and the toolbar, and the farther I get from the upper left corner the larger the offset is.  Just partway down the screen, I have to hover an inch below and a little to the right of the tool I that I want to select.  The right column is completely inaccessible, presumably because the right (horizontal) offset has taken me off the toolbar completely. If I am able to successfully click a button with a submenu, I can select the submenu item with no offset and no difficulty.

Oddly, in the main screen work area, there is no problem - the mouse works perfectly.  It is in the tool panels on either side of the screen that this offset occurs.

I did try deleting the preferences file, but that did not help.

• 5. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                  visibility99 Level 1

Hmmm, anyone have an idea? Problem still exists.

• 6. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                    Junaid Atari Level 1

Sometime this would be happen on windows 7 but i open my FireWorks "Run as Administrator" and everything goes fine.

• 7. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                      visibility99 Level 1

Excellent solution. I have NO idea why that works, but running FW "as administrator" seems to clear up the cursor misalignment issue.

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                        drjury Level 1

Tap the space bar a few times and it will return to pointer.

• 9. Re: Cursor Pointing Problems
                          Junaid Atari Level 1

Running FW as Admin will disable some features like:

File Drag 'n Drop on FW Canvas...

-- Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari