• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse crashing when relinking assets?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uncovered a few similar posts from 2014 but nothing recent - Muse is crashing only when I try to relink certain files, but not all files, with the following error message:

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 11.18.45 AM.png

Does this mean that I need to rename a version of the file for each page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

@ashleyd41096807​If I look at your screenshot, I think, the problem is, that you have used equally named asset from different places of your machine:

For example:

The image „triangle_yellow_right.svg“ is listed as a group of images, what is indicated by the small triangle in front of the asset, and additionally as a single image. This is true for some other images too (For example: training.png: As the instances of this image are not displayed as a group, you probably placed these images from dif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ashleyd,

Sorry about this issue. Let me take a chance to get into it and try isolating it.

As you said that it happens only while linking specific image files and not all.

Can you please identify them and place in a separate folder, zip them along with your .muse file and share it with me?

For sharing the muse file you can upload it to Dropbox or WeTransfer and send it across to me in a private message.

A private message can be done by clicking on my username and choosing "'message" option.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ankushr40215001,

I actually managed a workaround by renaming those files which were causing Muse to crash - it seems that in some cases, Muse would allow me to re-link multiple instances of the same file across the site, but in other cases it would only allow one link per file. Since I have fixed the asset links, it probably won't do any good to send through the Muse file.

If it occurs again, however, I will send through files as requested.

Thanks for getting back to me!

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it worked, and also thanks for sharing the fix with us.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ashleyd41096807​If I look at your screenshot, I think, the problem is, that you have used equally named asset from different places of your machine:

For example:

The image „triangle_yellow_right.svg“ is listed as a group of images, what is indicated by the small triangle in front of the asset, and additionally as a single image. This is true for some other images too (For example: training.png: As the instances of this image are not displayed as a group, you probably placed these images from different places of your computer).

May be, Muse’s intern database got a hiccup about this.

If Muse crashes, when you link these images to the other instance, I’d try not to relink it, but place the other instance of the image into the image container, which is flagged with a question mark. This should replace the image.

Not so simple to describe, but I hope you get, what I try to say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines