• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Design Premium InDesign font problem

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running InDesign CS5 Design Premium on MAC OSX 10.12.6.  I have installed the available update using the Terminal option.

When I select the text tool - the Myanmar font is shown by default.  When I click the dropdown to get the list of available fonts, I get a list of grey lines with no entries in them. If I keep clicking the dropdown icon, the font changes to the next one.  If I type Calibri in the font list box, it selects Calibri.

It therefore appears that the fonts are there to select, but they don't populate in the dropdown list.

I have tried deleting the fontlist file and allowed it to recreate - it gives me the following information:

%!Adobe-FontList 1.13

%Locale:0x409

%BeginFont

Handler:DirectoryHandler

FontType:Invalid

OutlineFileName:\.DS_Store

FileLength:6148

FileModTime:1501754247

%EndFont

Note, when using Photoshop, I get a list of fonts, so this appears to be specific to the InDesign application.Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 09.39.01.png

Attached is a screenshot of the dropdown issue.  Some help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS5 is very old, is no longer supported, and doesn't work in macOS 10.2.6.

And I have never heard of installing updates using Terminal.

You're on your own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer Steve.  Sadly I don't have the resources to buy a newer version and would hope to still be able to use such an expensive product.

I found a document instructing how to install using a Terminal window to get around the MacOSX Gatekeeper restrictions - it works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you share those instructions? i haven't come across that before.

even with it working otherwise normally though, UI bugs like this seem to crop up a lot with people running newer mac OS versions with adobe CS apps. it might be something you'll have to live with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open the installer using Show package contents (right click or Ctl click), navigate to Mac folder and there is a file in there.  Drag it into an open Terminal window, then press return in the Terminal window.  The installer then launches and MAC OSX asks you for your password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an older Mac, you have the option of restoring the original OS. I had a similar issue in the past and I partitioned my hard drive with a copy of the older OS, so I had the option to boot in the older or newer OS, as needed. If you choose to do this, be sure to back up everything first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines