2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 3:01 PM by Roy Marshall

Need advice on a mirror script

Dagasawr Level 1

So at my work we use a type of label on all our jobs but we do two at a time.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.44.06.png

So I am trying to make a script that dupes up the ticket and moves it across to fit.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.44.22.png

But Im extremely new to scripting and I don't know where to start so I was wondering if anyone has any pointers to put me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Daga

• 1. Re: Need advice on a mirror script
          Roy Marshall Level 1

Its fairly simple to do in InDesign, but I would question if you are using the right tool for this?

Are you only doing a single label at a time, or multiple labels at once?

If its purely a one off requirement, then yes, stick with a script.

However, If these are PDF Documents, and the requirements could potentially grow, I would be tempted to look at Quite Imposing Plus software (Quite at Home ).

Its a plugin for Acrobat that deals with this REALLY well with a PDF Environment. I used it for many years when I was in the Pre-Press industry.

• 2. Re: Need advice on a mirror script
            Roy Marshall Level 1

This would get you started though based on selecting the initial item

you would have to do more work to get the page to fit etc...

var item = app.selection[0];

item.move([0,0]);

var newItem = item.duplicate();

newItem.geometricBounds = [item.geometricBounds[0],item.geometricBounds[3],item.geometricBounds[2],item.geometricBo unds[3] + (item.geometricBounds[3] - item.geometricBounds[1])];

newItem.fit(FitOptions.PROPORTIONALLY);