4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 6:23 AM by bens12091862

I can't transfer my CS5 serial number to a new PC

bens12091862

Hi,

i have recently acquired a new PC and would like to take my old copy of Creative Suite 5 Master Collection with me.   I have deactivated the licence on my old machine, but when i add the serial number to it on my new machine it states it is invalid.

I have been running CS5 for years without any issues with the licence and it was a store bought disc copy, so can't see what the problem could be.

Could anyone help me out as I don't want to have to buy another licence!

Thanks,

Ben

• 1. Re: I can't transfer my CS5 serial number to a new PC
          terris86415680 Adobe Community Professional

Was the store you purchased from an authorised Adobe supplier? It once was possible to buy CS5 from many sources but only the authorised dealers could be trusted to supply genuine versions. What you are experiencing is what happens to most people with fraudulent copies, at first they install without problems, but eventually Adobe detects the product key is in use across a large number of installations and at that point they black flag the key preventing further installs. The poor old end users is usually totally unaware they have an illegitimate copy until they attempt to reinstall on a new machine. If you registered the software with Adobe or have a purchase invoice from an authorised dealer then technical support should be able to help you, otherwise I'm afraid the company will regard this as an issue between you and the original supplier. Often by the time people find out there is a problem the supplier will have disappeared, but if it was a major store take it up with them and see what happens. Sorry for not being able to be more helpful, but the product key check these days is very accurate and valid keys are rarely rejected so you probably do have an illegal copy.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I can't transfer my CS5 serial number to a new PC
            Benjamin Root MVP & Adobe Community Professional

And also if your serial was hacked and resold by pirates.

Conact Adobe and check

• 3. Re: I can't transfer my CS5 serial number to a new PC
              bens12091862 Level 1

HI Terri,

thanks for getting back to me.   Unfortunately, the version of CS5 was bought by our previous IT guy, so sadly I have no idea where it was bought from.

I guess i better sweet talk my boss into buying a new licence...

Fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Ben

• 4. Re: I can't transfer my CS5 serial number to a new PC
                bens12091862 Level 1

Hi Benjamin,

this could well be the case, but I doubt it as it was only ever installed on 2 machines (dual licence) and until it was deactivated on my machine, those were the only ones it was ever used on.

Thanks though,

Ben