Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tiny fonts

Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why some of my topics reduce font size when printed, yet others do not?

The fact that some contain tables does not seem to matter; one topic with table reduces font size, but another similar topic does not.

(BTW: still working on that "Topics Won't Open" problem...)

Thanx,
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon,

Are you referring to fonts generated by the Printed Documentation feature or when output is printed using the print feature? If the latter, I believe this is due to the printer driver settings. It may be worth attempting to ensure you have the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum!

I have discovered that tables do, indeed, have an effect; if a table's "Preferred Width" setting uses a percentage instead of a specified measure, the font comes out okay -- it especially helps to print in a Landscape format if the table is fairly wide.

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all the topics use the same style sheet?

Preview two topics that print different sizes and right click to print them from the preview. Same problem or is it only when printed from the output?

Which output? CHM or webhelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter!

Yes, same style sheet for all topics...

Different font sizes only show up when printed, either from preview or from .chm output...

thanx,
Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2009 Jan 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new project importing two topics that print differently. Check the problem still exists.

If it does, zip up the project and send it to me via my site.

UPDATE: I missed your earlier reply. Looks like you have found the cause is to do with tables. Does the content of each cell have a style applied? I suspect that some do not.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!

I've just discovered another factor: If I delete a graphic element that is fairly wide, the topic prints with a normal-sized font.

Looks like graphics and tables dictate font size if they are wide enough...

Lon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one of my field staff just came to me complaining of the same issue - showed me an example. There is no table or image in the sample topic she printed for me, and I don't want to put one in there. Are there any other suggestions to pass on to her and her clients? I was thinking that it is a print driver issue, because when I print on my printer, all looks just fine. Has anyone tested specific drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2009 Feb 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
WebHelp? Look at Page Setup. Maybe it has a setting to print at XX%.

UPDATE: Sorry, that's Page Setup in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp