• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Cannot (re)-active CS3, Adobe does not help

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "activation" problem continues, and the so-called "chat" process is not helping at all. I've spent several hours on this today, to have just been told that I have to "chat" with someone else, because Adobe has no record of the CS3 package under the serial number I am looking at on the original box I bought it in.

In short, I'm going to find some other software to use that is not labeled adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Ok thanks for the update Jennifera84223390.  Please see the suggestion I offered to Nick in post #16 of Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer .

Other individuals in that discussion are facing the same difficulty.  I was able to successfully install CS6 Design Standard, yesterday, on Windows 10 and I did not receive a prompt to activate the software.

I would recommend reviewing Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer  in it's entirety before

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Jennifera84223390 the activation server for Creative Suite 3 has been shut down since the discussion you responded too was active.

For information on how to locate your existing Creative Suite 3 serial number see Find your serial number​.  If you are facing difficulty locating your serial number then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​.  You will need to be prepared with any alternate e-mail address or phone numbers that may have been used to register the software.

Once you have located your registered Creative Suite 3 serial number Jennifera84223390 then you can go to Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products to input your serial number and receive a new serial number, and installation files, to install Creative Suite 3 without activating.

Please update this discussion if you have any additional questions Jennifera84223390.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, but I have already done everything you suggested above. Those suggestions were done before I ever attempted to contact Adobe. I contacted Adobe to try to get the results of doing all that straightened out, to no avail. To summarize:

I have not lost my serial number. I have the original box with that serial number, and I have the new serial number Adobe issued to me yesterday, before I got to "chat" or post in this forum.

As Adobe instructed and using the methods they gave, I removed my old versions of CS3, downloaded the CS3 products that are not supposed to need activation, and installed them. AGAIN, this was done before I contacted Adobe via chat or posted in this forum.

When I attempt to launch the newly installed CS3 products, I am told I must activate the new, no-activation-required CS3 products. When I click on the activate button, I am taken to a garbled screen. The part that can be read claims it wants to connect to the internet but says I do not have a connection. I obviously do have a connection or I would not have been chatting or downloading the new CS3 products. I now have 2 days left to activate these products.

I spent about 2 hours waiting to chat with a person who repeatedly asked if I was on line (that would have been funny under other circumstances) and eventually told me that Adobe had no record of the serial numbers and wanted to transfer me to someone else to continue the chat. During the wait I watched a screen on Adobe's website that told me repeatedly that I had 0 minutes to wait to get to chat and periodically incremented rather than decremented how many people were in front of me.

And all I wanted to do was get some work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennifera84223390 can you please post a screen shot of the garbled screen you are referring too?  Details on how to post a screen shot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

If you are receiving a message regarding not being able to Register then please click on Never Register.  You can see an example of the dialog below:

Registration - Connection Failure.png

If you continue to encounter difficulties Jennifera84223390 can you please update this discussion with the CS3 software title you are installing and the case number from your interaction with our support team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to launch Photoshop, I get this message:

Photoshop 1.jpg

When I click on phone activation, it lets me know that is also not active. When I click on Re-Activate in the lower right, I get this:

Photoshop 2.jpg

On my computer I have never seen the screen shot in your post giving the option of never registering.

When I tried Repair Activation FAQ in the first screen shot, I got the Adobe web page with instructions on on uninstalling, downloading, etc. which has all been done.

This package is Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for the update Jennifera84223390.  Please see the suggestion I offered to Nick in post #16 of Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer .

Other individuals in that discussion are facing the same difficulty.  I was able to successfully install CS6 Design Standard, yesterday, on Windows 10 and I did not receive a prompt to activate the software.

I would recommend reviewing Re: CS3 - Still getting Activation Error Message with new Installer  in it's entirety before implementing the suggestion in post #16 Jennifera84223390.  I do mention several steps that should be conducted prior to removing the Cache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from Adobe Gregg Bishop after this was posted:

Hi!
We Sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. For better understanding of the issue provide us your Skype ID and Telephone Number so our one of the support person will contact you!

Note:-For reply go to adobe forums Inbox and reply for the same Message!
Or
Note:-For reply go to Your E-mail Account Inbox and reply on the same Email!

Thanks & Regards
Help Desk

Replying as directed in the email doesn't work, since the email is not delivered. I will not post my phone number etc in a public forum.

Continue the conversation by replying to this email, or going to the direct message on Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennifera84223390 please do not respond to Adobe Gregg Bishop.  Adobe does not use Skype support and the individual is attempting to extort payment from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines