4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 11:23 AM by BobLevine

MSO in InDesign for fixed layout ePub for Windows

KensaCreative Level 1

Hello, I've been searching the forums and following guides and have read a lot of old posts with very few addressing the problem I'm having at the moment, so I just wanted to reach out to the community and ask if this works for everyone else now, or something that is just known as fact that it doesn't work.

I have an inDesign page with a MSO ( Multi-state object) and when I preview it on in Indesigns EPUB interactivity preview it works perfectly, when I export it and view it in iBooks, it works perfectly, when I then try opening that file in Readium ( I've tried lots of others too with no success such as Kindles reader, Kobo, ADE, Bluefire reader but Readium rendered it the best ) It doesn't have any interactivity, I get the hand icon to show it is a button, but on click it does nothing.

I'm using Indesign CC 2017 2017.1 Release ( 12.1.5.56 Build ) with default export to ePub fixed layout settings.

and here's a link to my indesign file if anyone can think of a solution or wants to look a little closer as to what I may be doing wrong.

Dropbox - epub-fixed-layout-1 page.indd

Any thoughts or solutions are welcome - essentially I'm after an indesign file I can export which has working MSO's on iPad and Windows Desktops.