Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import WinHelp to HTML problem

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!
I needed to udpate a WinHelp file created in X5 and output to .chm using RH 7. I did the following steps:
Imported the .hpj project using RH7
Followed the wizard for import.
Saved the project in RH7 as .xpj.
Added the topic that was required and updated the index as well.
Generated output in .chm as was requested by programmers to replace their old help file.

The .chm file launches perfectly with my new topic and index on my PC. However the copy of the .chm file that I sent to the programmers does not display the help pages; we don't use left nav and the first page is a toc page with links to topics. When I open the left nav to see the Index, my entry is there but the new topic page or any other topic pages do not display.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
thank you.
- Azi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008
Hi, Azi,

If you're trying to view the contents of a .chm file that is stored remotely, on a network drive, then you need to move it to a local drive or apply the registry changes that are described in the following article:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/chm_mspatch/896358.htm

A Windows security update that Microsoft released three years ago blocks the contents of .chm files that are stored on an Intranet or on the Internet.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2008 Jun 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Azi,

If you're trying to view the contents of a .chm file that is stored remotely, on a network drive, then you need to move it to a local drive or apply the registry changes that are described in the following article:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/chm_mspatch/896358.htm

A Windows security update that Microsoft released three years ago blocks the contents of .chm files that are stored on an Intranet or on the Internet.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp