Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change a title attribute(e.g. text color) for a lot of titles in one motion

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

1. I have a lot of titles(say, 200) in my project which are working as subtitles for dialogs. Is it possible to change font or color or smth else for all desired titles at once?

Or I have to edit each title one by one?

2. What the difference between copy+paste and duplicate in context menu which appears on right-click on an object in Project asserts? They seem to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No, there is no batch way to change all of your titles' text styles in one move.

2. As I show you in my books, when you copy and paste, you create a clone of a title. If you edit one of the clones or change the text on a clone, the text will change in both copies. When you duplicate, you create an identical title that you can edit the text one -- reusing the original title's look and style but editing independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Steve.

I have recently watched your course on PE 15 on lynda.com. Thanks for it!

(I use PE 15)

1. Is Premiere Pro able to do this?

May be it's better to use some other (special?) program for making subtitles for dialogs?

2. I do not copy and paste titles on timeline(not coping instances), but I do this by right-clicking on title in Project asserts window. You can check this. The only difference I have noticed: after duplicate the name of new title is like "Orig_name Copy", and after copy+paste the name of new title remains the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I don't believe you can do this in Pro either.

2. Copying in your Project Assets is the same as copying and pasting. You produce a clone rather than making a copy.

Thanks for checking out my course! I've also got free videos on YouTube and many more on my web site Muvipix.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2. Copying in your Project Assets is the same as copying and pasting. You produce a clone rather than making a copy.

I'm sorry but this is not correct.

I have just tested on new project:

- create new project

- press f9 to insert a title on timeline, make some adjustment to it

- in project asserts copy-paste on the title(or Ctrl+C + Ctrl+V) --> new title with the same name appears

- insert it on timeline and make adjustments to it

- check the first title and see that it didn't change

Check it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines